Last modified: June 15, 2017
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.bendonpub.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates); or
- any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of purchasing products or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- At times, we conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profile of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will let you know how we will use the information we collect from you.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here donottrack.us for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your orders and your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bendon’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Bendon about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bendon, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 1840 Baney Road South, Ashland, OH 44805.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Social Media Terms of Service
Bendon, Inc. owns and operates several online platforms, including, but not limited to the BendonPub.com website, Facebook.com/BendonInc, Instagram.com/BendonInc and Twitter.com/Bendon_Inc. By tagging @BendonInc, @Bendon_Inc, #Bendon or other Bendon, Inc. branded terms or by commenting, liking, posting or otherwise engaging with the Bendon, Inc. brand, you grant Bendon, Inc. a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display your content in any media, now known or hereafter devised, for any purpose. You also permit Bendon, Inc. to use the name that you submit in connection with such content. The connecting content will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Bendon, Inc. takes no responsibility for any content submitted by other users that uses the aforementioned terms or is otherwise submitted to Bendon, Inc. and is not liable for said content.
SOCIAL MEDIA GIVEAWAY RULES
SPONSOR: Bendon, Inc.
1840 Baney Rd.
Ashland, OH 44805
*Though Bendon, Inc.’s giveaways may include licensed products, licensors are not giveaways sponsors and are not responsible or liable for fulfillment of the giveaways. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (“Social Media Platforms”) are not giveaway sponsors and do not sponsor or endorse the Sponsor or the giveaway.
ENTRY: To enter a Bendon, Inc., social media giveaway, designated by the language “giveaway,” “chance to win,” or “win [a/this] prize pack” in any social media post from Facebook.com/BendonInc, Instagram.com/BendonInc and Twitter.com/Bendon_Inc., one must follow the entry instructions included in said post. No purchase necessary to enter. Purchase does not enhance the chance of winning. Only one entry per person per social media account; multiple entries will not be considered. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible. Bendon, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process.
ELIGIBILITY: This giveaway is open only to legal residents of the U.S. over the age of 18 who agree to Bendon, Inc.’s Terms of Service found above. Employees of Bendon, Inc. and their immediate family members are not eligible. This giveaway is void where prohibited.
WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: A winner, or winners, if the giveaways post denotes more than one individual will win, who has met the entry and eligibility requirements will be chosen at random and will be notified via the Social Media Platform on which the giveaway was hosted within 24 hours of being selected. Inability to contact the winner within 48 hours of Bendon, Inc.’s first attempt to contact him/her will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
PRIZE: The winner will receive a prize pack including Bendon, Inc. products. The total prize value of each giveaway will not exceed $100. The winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Bendon, Inc. is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries or for any other technical malfunctions. If for any reason the giveaway is unable to run as planned, Bendon, Inc. reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway. Entrants further agree to release Bendon, Inc. from any liability resulting from or related to giveaway participation.
1840 Baney Road South
Ashland, OH 44805